What to Expect
A Glimpse of Life at Calvary
SUNDAY CLASSES- 9:15 AM
There are plenty of times for you to learn, grow, and develop relationships with others at Calvary. Classes for children and teens are divided by age groups, helping the truths of the Bible be understood. Adult classes provide opportunities for continued spiritual development through Bible instruction and discussion, and offer Christian fellowship organized into categories of age, sex, and topics of special interest.
SUNDAY WORSHIP- 10:30 AM
Our primary gathering of the week features congregational singing, prayer, prepared music, and expositional preaching of the Scriptures. Typically the English Standard Version is the version used in our pulpit ministry. Our friendly congregation is made up of a variety of people from different ages, stages, and walks of life. Clothing styles are as varied as the people, and you will see casual clothing as well as people in dresses and suits. We encourage you not to be overly concerned about “dressing up”- no one here will give your appearance a second thought!
WEDNESDAY PRAYER & BIBLE STUDY- 7 PM
We emphasize a time of prayer at this Wednesday gathering. A passage of Scripture is covered in detail, understanding better how we can follow the path God has laid out for us in His Word.
Calvary is committed to helping children and families grow to become faithful followers of Jesus Christ. To that end, we provide:
- Nursery care for infants and toddlers during our main services
- Bible classes for every age at 9:15 AM on Sundays
- Awana Clubs meet from 6:30-8 PM Wednesdays during the school year. Children K-6th grade enjoy games and activities, Bible teaching, and Scripture memory
- Summer Camp at Bass Lake
Special events are held throughout the year… check our calendar for upcoming activities!
Our volunteer staff have gone through background checks, and are regularly required to attend sessions to keep them sharp on the content they teach and providing a safe environment for their students. Lead teachers are verified members of the congregation.
- Sundays at 9:15 a Bible class is offered. Calvary uses the Strong Students curriculum.
- Wednesdays at 6:30 PM is our primary Youth Group gathering. These sessions use material from Word of Life.
PURE DESIRE GROUPS
Pure Desire Ministries International is a biblically-based and clinically-informed ministry committed to true revival in the church through the healing of the present day epidemic of sexual brokenness.
Eric Saterdalen leads the groups meeting at Calvary, including…
- Seven Pillars of Freedom for men
- Betrayal and Beyond for women
- Living Free for teen boys
- Behind the Mask for teen and single women
Contact Eric at 507-254-0022 or Kris at 507-271-4363 for more information including group meeting times.